Open Positions- Abdominal Core HealthSM Coordinated Registry Network
Millions of hernia operations are performed on a yearly basis across the world to improve patients’ abdominal core healthSM.
Many products (i.e. meshes, fixation devices, adhesives) are used in the care of these patients, often in an off label fashion. These products and techniques are designed to last the lifetime of the patient. Despite this, there is no effective surveillance of these products to ensure maximal effectiveness and minimal harm-especially when considering subpopulations.
This initiative attempts to fill the knowledge gap given an ineffective post market surveillance system in the United States and other countries.
The Abdominal Core HealthSM CRN was initiated with two main objectives:
- Establish a coordinated network capable of addressing clinical questions and surveillance of techniques and devices important to the maintenance of abdominal core healthSM.
- Harmonize collection of abdominal core healthSM data by identifying and maintaining the common key variables important to patients and patient outcomes.
For more information, please see the MDEpiNet website for more details about the project and its goals.
|Project||Clinical area||Timeline||How to Apply|
|Abdominal Core HealthSM CRN||Hernia and abdominal wall operations, hernia mesh and hernia repair related devices||Applications due on May 20, 2019.||(1) Email cover letter, current resume or CV, and letter(s) of recommendation [optional] to:
email@example.com(2) Complete and submit Application form
MDEpiNet Expectations on Patient Partner Role and Duties
- Serve for at least one-year in a volunteer capacity as a working group member
- Provide input to the Abdominal Core HealthSM Coordinated Registry Network on issues like data elements, inclusion/exclusion criteria for studies, meaningful patient-reported outcomes, and identifying priority questions for the CRN that are of interest to patients making decisions on various treatment options for hernia operations.
- Participate in monthly meetings / calls (one hour each) and assist on project activities. Patient Partners may have tasks to work on in-between meetings.
- Attend and participate in MDEpiNet in-person think-tanks and stakeholder meetings.
- Open to the idea of working with diverse treatment options and to provide feedback to the study of diverse treatment.
Patient Partner Selection Criteria
- Has direct, personal experience as a patient, primary caregiver, or patient advocate in the area of hernia operations.
- Has the ability to represent a broad spectrum of US patients treated for pelvic organ prolapse, and gather input to inform working group activities.
- Has the ability to communicate the interests of a broad spectrum of patients treated for hernias, and can give input to the CRN in an objective manner.
- Has experience in working constructively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Previous experience with projects to improve clinical data collection and use is desirable.
Application Process- Due Monday, May 20th, 2019
- Applicant packages must include:
- Cover letter
- Current resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of recommendation(s) [Optional]
- Completed application form. The application form can be found here.
- Applicant packages must be received by 5 PM EST, May 20th, 2019 to be considered.
- Applicants should fill out the online application form and email their cover letter, current resume or CV, and letter(s) of recommendation [optional] to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates will be reviewed by a Patient Partner selection committee. If selected, candidates will be contacted by the committee.
- Up-to-three candidates will be selected for a one-year term. Terms can be extended for an additional year.
- The CRN values a collaborative atmosphere that fosters respect and productive dialogue on project activities. The CRN may end a patient partner term early if the expectations listed previously are not met or if the patient partner is found to not be a good fit with the goals of the project.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions about the project or the application process.