Open Positions- Women’s Health Technologies Coordinated Registry Network
The Women’s Health Technologies Coordinated Registry Network (WHT-CRN) was initiated to improve clinical evidence generation to better answer clinical questions on technologies in clinical areas unique to women. This project addresses the complicated problem of efficient, real-world evidence generation by using a CRN approach. While single-purpose registries can meet the demand for data on real-world patient care, they can also be expensive to maintain, can have proprietary data formats, and often focus on a single therapy, even though routine care can involve combinations of therapies in multiple care settings. CRNs aim to overcome these challenges by linking multiple data sources in a standardized, systematic, and coordinated fashion to better support longitudinal follow-up and assessment of patient care.
The goal of this project is to create a CRN to support quality improvement and clinical research in device areas unique to women’s health. The WHT-CRN will initially focus on three areas: sterilization and long-acting contraception; uterine fibroids; and pelvic floor disorders. For more information about the WHT-CRN, please see the MDEpiNet website for more details about the project and its goals.
For more information about the WHT-CRN, please see the MDEpiNet website.
|Project||Clinical area||Time-Line||How to Apply|
|Women’s Health Technology Coordinated Registry Network (CRN)||Contraceptive implants, intrauterine devices, long-acting reversible contraception, and sterilization therapies.||Application closed.||Email cover letter, current resume or CV, and letter(s) of recommendation [optional] to:
email@example.comComplete and submit Application form
MDEpiNet WHT-CRN Working Group Expectations on Patient Partner Role and Duties
- Serve for one-year in a volunteer capacity as a working group member on the WHT-CRN Working Group.
- Provide input to the WHT-CRN Contraception and Sterilization Therapies Working Group (WHT-CRN Working Group) on data elements, outcome measures, and help identify priority questions for the CRN that are of interest to patients making decisions on various treatment options for contraception and/or sterilization.
- Participate in monthly meetings / calls (one hour each) and assist on project activities. WHT-CRN Working Group members may have tasks to work on in-between meetings.
- Attend and participate in MDEpiNet in-person think-tanks and stakeholder meetings.
Patient Partner Selection Criteria
- Has direct, personal experience as a patient, primary caregiver, or patient advocate in the areas of long-acting contraception, contraceptive implants, and/or sterilization therapies.
- Has ability to represent a broad spectrum of US patients treated with contraceptive implants, long-acting, reversible contraception (e.g. intrauterine devices), and / or sterilization therapies, and gather input to inform working group activities.
- Has ability to communicate the interests of a broad spectrum of patients treated with contraceptive implants, long-acting, reversible contraception (e.g. intrauterine devices), and / or sterilization therapy, and can give input to the working group in an objective manner.
- Has experience in working constructively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Previous experience with projects to improve clinical data collection and use is desirable.
Application Process- Due Friday, March 16th, 2018
- Applicant packages must include:
- Cover letter
- Current resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of recommendation(s) [Optional]
- Completed application form. The application form can be found here.
- Applicant packages must be received by 5 PM EST, March 16th, 2018 to be considered.
- Applicants should fill out the on-line application form and email their cover letter, current resume or CV, and letter(s) of recommendation [optional] to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates will be reviewed by a WHT-CRN Patient Partner selection committee. If selected, candidates will be contacted by the committee.
- Up-to-three candidates will be selected for a one-year term. Terms can be extended for an additional year.
- The WHT-CRN Working Group values a collaborative atmosphere that fosters respect and productive dialogue on project activities. The WHT-CRN Working Group may end a patient partner term early if the expectations listed previously are not met or if the patient partner is found to not be a good fit with the goals of the project.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions about the project or the application process.